Choosing a dentist can be a daunting task. Where do you start? How do you know if you will like the dentist? People find dentists a few different ways. They ask friends or family for recommendations, they ask their primary care physician for a recommendation, they do an online search for dentists in their area, or they choose one with aid from their dental insurance provider.
How to Choose a Dentist
When choosing a dentist, feel free to visit more than one office until you find one that is the right fit for you. You should look for these things:
- Office hours that fit with your schedule
- The dentist’s training and education
- Does the dentist attend continuing education workshops?
- What does the dentist recommend for preventative dentistry?
- Does the dentist participate with your dental health plan?
- Is the staff friendly and helpful?
- Do the operatories appear clean and sanitary?
If you are searching for a dentist in Hawaii, Dr. Emory Young and Dr. Collyer Young would like to welcome you to try their services. We are located in the Kaimuki Shopping Center, with lots of free parking. Give us a call today to set up an appointment!