We all know that we should brush our teeth twice a day, but do you know how to choose a toothbrush? Is it better to use an electric toothbrush or a manual toothbrush? Both types of toothbrushes have pros and cons. Learn about them to decide which toothbrush is best for you.
Benefits of Electric Toothbrushes
2. Good for people with limited manual dexterity
3. Oscillating head feels good to teeth and gums
4. Usually has a timer that helps people brush for 2 minutes
5. Alerts you when you are brushing too hard
6. Removes plaque by using 3,000 to 7,500 rotating motions a minute, versus 300 strokes a minute using a manual toothbrush
Benefits of Manual Toothbrushes
2. Less bulky than an electric toothbrush
3. Puts less pressure on teeth and gums
Whether you choose a manual or an electric toothbrush, the best toothbrush you can get is one that you will actually use. Remember, a healthy mouth starts with brushing twice a day and flossing daily.